Wow! Nearly 3/4 of the year have passed… That’s an unbelievable milestone, Peeps! Have you noticed – as I have – that days are passing with the speed of light?
This has been a milestone year because mask mandates are passed and smiles have returned to the faces of formerly worried people.
Further, many of my peers and friends have celebrated milestone birthdays, as I did. The wisdom of age comes to the fore as we seek to guide the young ‘uns in our lives, our Grands. Check these out, Peeps. With which ones do you agree?
- Know that you are whole. You are enough and have everything you need. If not, you may ask me and I promise to help.
- Not everything is about you. Sometimes it’s about others – let them have a turn in the spotlight. Or in the pits, so be it.
- Say “yes” to everything that will make life better and “no” to anything that makes it worse.
- Be your own best friend, not your worst enemy. Be kind to everyone, including yourself.
- Take care of your body. Not only is it God’s Temple, but it’s the only one you’ll get.
- Surround yourself with beauty: flowers in your home and in your yard. Nature is bountiful and beautiful. Be out in it. Relish it. Take care of it.
- Do the right thing for yourself, for others, and the world. Take nothing for granted. Be the change if a change is needed.
- Smile at everyone. It’s a hug and a wave and a word of kindness wrapped in one visual gesture. Its effects are reciprocal.
- Never give advice to a person who wants a hug. Appreciation and empathy are better for the soul than advice.
- Finally, celebrate every birthday – especially your own – as if it were the one and only birthday in the history of the world. Have a blast! Live your life like the miracle it is –
Can I just acknowledge my birthday?
I do fully agree with everything else.
Yes – and I’ll salute your birthday with you!
I agree with all of them – especially #9. I love hugs and need them more than advice, most of the time.
I find #4 to be the most challenging.
There’s wisdom that I wish more people knew and abided: “Never give advice to someone who needs a hug”
Hugs from CA!