Five "Fun Facts"
- I’ve ridden atop a Rose Parade float, blowing bubbles, smiling, and saying “Happy New Year!” to 16 million people worldwide.
- I learned to read at age four and, because of this, was a reclusive child at family re-unions (no one missed me from the throng – I was actually reading a book on the couch the nearly-fifty the others crowded in front of).
- My father was the school’s principal while I attended school. I obeyed all of the rules until I discovered ‘talking to your neighbor’ in fourth grade. There wasn’t a boy willing to date me in high school… but when I got to college, it was ‘all good.’
- My first exercise was belly dancing, long before Jazzercise, Zumba, and workouts at the gym. I’ve always been a crafter, with an ever-evolving list, including jewelry making. Writing captured my full attention in 2010 and I’ve not flirted with another hobby since.
- I met my beloved husband at a chance meeting at the beer keg in a Grad House party at Purdue University. It was the Internet dating site of the mid-‘70s.
I live in Southern California, where seasons seldom matter, where any promise can be conjured and fulfilled. I write while my husband watches TV sports—often. He’s glad that I didn’t choose to play the French Horn as a post-career hobby.
Writing is a silent sport.
My genre is commercial women’s fiction. I wrote a series titled Faith, Family, Frenzy! about the small town & rural Midwest. I know the characters and settings very well and my fertile imagination creates the plots. None of the escapades I create have happened to anyone anywhere, not even me.
Perhaps my series is a form of memoir…
I write humor and satire with a literary bent. Besides the four novels, I’ve published two short story anthologies and have a third in mind … I’m available to speak to your group or book club. I’m eager to engage with other writers and readers of my books.
I am having a blast!
Awards & Associations
“PJ Colando has a natural gift for characterization and a very good ‘dialogue ear’.”
– Mike Foley,
Get In Touch
PJ would love to hear from you. Do you have a question about PJ's books and musings, don't be shy!