INVITE PJ TO YOUR NEXT BOOK CLUb
How it works
PJ is available for Zoom Book Club meetings and speaking events. Please check back for in person appearances as we eagerly await the end of COVID-19 and social distancing.
- Have you ever felt like a loner in life, either for a short time or forever? How did you gain entry to the cool group? Or, did you remain a loner by choice?
- Select one word to describe Amy. What did you like about her? What did you dislike? What kind of protagonist was she?
- Amy is a Millennial. Did you like her? Did you relate or did you despise her thinking?
- Select one word to describe Travis. What did you like about him? What did you dislike? What was his role in the story?
- Select one word to describe Veronica. What did you like about her? What did you dislike? Was she a good side-kick character?
- Select a word to describe Amy’s parole officer, Juan Carlos Hernandez. Is he believable, likeable? Was he merely a father figure or a potential romantic partner?
- Did you adore Woolworth Wilma? Select one word to describe her. Was her past believable? Did she surprise you sometimes?
- Did you like Amy’s revenge? What would you have done if you were Amy?
- What do you think happens next, after The Jailbird’s Jackpot ends?
- Do you want to re-read The Winner’s Circle, to which this book is sort of a sequel? Compare/contrast the two books, which are part of the Faith, Family, Frenzy! book series.
- What would you do if you suddenly won a half-billion-dollar lottery? First… next… and then…
- I typically write humor and satire. Is The Jailbird’s Jackpot a departure? Did you detect humor and satire? What archetype is the plot and into what genre does the book fit?
- Do you have a favorite character among those who populate the book? Why?
Get In Touch
PJ would love to hear from you. Do you have a question about PJ's books and musings, don't be shy!