I recently attended a health seminar, focused on the elements of best dietary practice for Youngsters, Elders, and Ever-youngs like me. Here’s the pithy list, most often polysyllabic words that my mind can’t digest. Can yours? It’s dietary con-foods-ion time:
- Ginger: 1 g/day
- Boswellia: 150 mg 3X day
- Benfotiamine: 150 – 1000 mg/day
- Alpha-lipoic acid: 800 – 1600 mg/day
- EFA + DHA: 2-4 g/day
- Acetyl-l-carnitine: 1-2 g/day
- Berberine: 300 mg 30 min. before meals
- N-acetylysteine: 600 – 1800 mg/day, in divided doses
- Carnosine: 1000 – 1500 mg/day
- Aspirin: up to 325 mg/day
- Elemental Magnesium: 350 – 1500 mg/day
- Cocoa: 10 g/day
- Cinnamon: 1-6 g/day
- Whey Protein: 20 g/dayVitamin D3: 3000 – 5000 IU daily
- L-methylfolate: 15 mg/day
- High Potency B-comples: 1 tablet daily
- SAMe: 4000 mg twice daily
- L-tyrosine: 2 mg twice daily
- Curcumin: 500 mg capsules 4X/day
- Coconut Oil: 1/2 – 1T/day
- Green Tea: 3-4 cups/day
- Coffee: 3 cups/day
- Water: 8-10 8 oz. glasses/day
Anything seem fishy to you?
With mg. of this and g. of that, there’d be no room in my diet for food. As in actual items to chew!
Shut your mouth and walk 10,00 steps/day. Yoga practice, too. Eat the Mediterranean Diet, the latest panacea fad of health.
Hmm-n. Drink 3 cups of tea + 3 cups of coffee + 8 glasses of water. In elementary math, it’ll be necessary to walk many steps to-fro the toilet.
Perhaps if we had to walk to the outhouse like the olden days, we’d be more fit… Naw, a sensible ancestor would drink less, especially if one hoped to reduce forays outside into the dark chill of night.
Insanity, stress, and nonsense – that’s inflammatory to me.
Pass the Chips and Cheetohs, please! With the sour cream dip, too. I’ve had enough of dietary con-foods-ion. It’s a ‘Ball of Confusion’ – by the Temptations!
Crazy! Fun read, love your ending!
Thanks, Cheryl!! I wanted to attach a Youtube of the Temptations performing their song (1970!!!), but dorked out.
Hey, not trying to whine, but where’s the mention of wine? Might not reduce joint inflammation, but sure makes it more tolerable! Love the fun read, as always! Keep blog-blog-blog’n along, my favorite Stash Boomer!
Diana dear, the physician/diet specialist/seminar presenter indicated that the amount of red wine required to reap the benefits of resveratol was like a mini-cask daily… There were moans around the audience! Then, some perked up, certain that they were up to the task!
chewtrition n. The nutritional benefits that accrue through chewing food. (chew + nutrition), a word that could have been coined for this post