I recently attended a health seminar, focused on the elements of best dietary practice for Youngsters, Elders, and Ever-youngs like me. Here’s the pithy list, most often polysyllabic words that my mind can’t digest. Can yours? It’s dietary con-foods-ion time:
- Ginger: 1 g/day
- Boswellia: 150 mg 3X day
- Benfotiamine: 150 – 1000 mg/day
- Alpha-lipoic acid: 800 – 1600 mg/day
- EFA + DHA: 2-4 g/day
- Acetyl-l-carnitine: 1-2 g/day
- Berberine: 300 mg 30 min. before meals
- N-acetylysteine: 600 – 1800 mg/day, in divided doses
- Carnosine: 1000 – 1500 mg/day
- Aspirin: up to 325 mg/day
- Elemental Magnesium: 350 – 1500 mg/day
- Cocoa: 10 g/day
- Cinnamon: 1-6 g/day
- Whey Protein: 20 g/dayVitamin D3: 3000 – 5000 IU daily
- L-methylfolate: 15 mg/day
- High Potency B-comples: 1 tablet daily
- SAMe: 4000 mg twice daily
- L-tyrosine: 2 mg twice daily
- Curcumin: 500 mg capsules 4X/day
- Coconut Oil: 1/2 – 1T/day
- Green Tea: 3-4 cups/day
- Coffee: 3 cups/day
- Water: 8-10 8 oz. glasses/day
Shut your mouth and walk 10,00 steps/day. Yoga practice, too. Eat the Mediterranean Diet, the latest panacea fad of health.
Hmm-n. Drink 3 cups of tea + 3 cups of coffee + 8 glasses of water. In elementary math, it’ll be necessary to walk many steps to-fro the toilet.
Perhaps if we had to walk to the outhouse like the olden days, we’d be more fit… Naw, a sensible ancestor would drink less, especially if one hoped to reduce forays outside into the dark chill of night.
Insanity, stress, and nonsense – that’s inflammatory to me.
Pass the Chips and Cheetohs, please! With the sour cream dip, too. I’ve had enough of dietary con-foods-ion. It’s a ‘Ball of Confusion’ – by the Temptations!