So, how’s the sh*t show of 2020 going?
Are you back to work? Sh*t out of luck, overextended, nerves shot? Worrying yourself out of your mind? Tired of being cooped up with pets and people and debts? Let me know in a comment on this blog post – I really want to know.
Let’s create empathy beyond the threats and frets of this Sh*t Show of a year. This 2020 stagnation of healthy body and spirit. Let’s create win-win during this oddly intense state of having too many worries during this seemingly endless time.
Ready? Set? GO –
- You are not alone. We are all in this together, whether we like it or not.
- So, reach out and touch someone, without prompt. You can write, call, or text. It doesn’t matter if you have lots or little to say. Since social distance obviates hugs, send a postcard or post emojis on friends’ pages on Facebook.
- Shop masked-up and local. Help your neighbors and small business people who need the lift you can give.
- Remember that, in the everyday and ordinary matters of the heart, we are more alike than not.
- Smile. Laugh. Out loud and a lot.
- Be human. Walk as much as possible and revel in nature’s wonders.
- Take an online seminar or class. Learn how to paint or play Scrabble.
- Be kind. Mind your manners.
- Say prayers and have good thoughts.
- Work daily to surmount laments.